Saturday 19 December 2009

Winter Arrived Yesterday - It's Grim Up North

Took these snaps on our usual walk. 2 minutes from my garden gate. I can't grumble at my surroundings. North Yorkshire is the most beautiful county I've lived in, so far. However, the `Beemer` comes out later this morning and I ride it into work, because I believe the local and County Council when they tell me they have gritted the roads. `I'll dip my toe` before I decide I have to resort to a £4 bus ride @ £1 a mile. OK, I fibbed a bit, the first pic is my pal shovelling snow off his drive in Newmarket, Ontario, last March!!! OK, I fibbed again. Actually, it's his wife!! What a pal, what a man! (Sorry John, but you're just asking to be `outed` for this).

5 comments:

Old BE said...

Your dog looks friendly.

Hogdayafternoon said...

Blue: Small, tenacious, erascible at times, headstrong and thinks he actually has the build of a Rhodesian Ridgeback (a `Ridgeback Too Far`, perhaps?).

Bernard Law Montgomery, aka Montkinson - but you can call him Monty.

anon said...

Hah, that first pic? I was surprised by how much it looked like my home province, neighbor to Ontario.

I'm on to you...

Gorgeous shots, HD. The first big snow is always so pretty till it gets all muddy and splattered.

Sage said...

Its not you on your bike I would worry about in the snow, its the other maniacs on the roads who haven't a clue of how to drive safely.. though at those prices for bus travel its no wonder you choose the bike. I am looking forward to getting mine out and going to work, at last a journey of more than 1.5 miles might be an option.

Hogdayafternoon said...

PG: Just whipped out the digital and snapped it as I saw it. No talent required!

Sage: So very true. Got to work no trouble at all. Started my 4 wheeled job and a dimbo bimbo promtly changed lanes in a blink but chose not to look to her left, where she would have seen my smiling face at the wheel of a big black car. Wham, into the side she came. She was all of a quiver but seemed most shocked because I didn't tear her head off and after getting her details told her to stop apologising as she didn't crash into me deliberately. 2 bits of luck: 1. A lady stopped behnd me and gave her details as she'd seen me get sideswiped simply for doing everything correctly and minding my own business (I told her she was a rare gem). 2nd bit of luck, I never met this bimbo whilst I was on my bike.